To unite Kingdom-minded pastors and leaders in preparation for hosting revival in the nations.
- To establish a Spirit-filled and Kingdom-focused evangelistic ministry center with a focus on both the local and global church.
- To equip the emerging generation of worshippers to lead those around them into radical, intimate, life-transforming encounters with Jesus Christ. Our first priority is to train local leaders and pastors as well as short-term outreach participants to become passionate Jesus lovers themselves. Through the cultivation of humility, freedom, discernment, and leadership, a Holy Spirit-fueled army of skilled and confident servants will be raised up, those who can shift the atmosphere in the darkest of places.
- To carry forth the light of the gospel to those who are “least”: the poor, the brokenhearted, the abandoned, the needy. We desire to embrace the Kingdom’s DNA so fully that we will stop for the one and believe for the multitude.
- To bridge the gap between churches with a call for unity. Unity of churches becomes possible when church leaders 1) become more focused on building the Kingdom than on building a church, and 2) get outside church building walls and begin to disciple pre-believers.
- To go and to love through sacrificial service. This is the primary calling of any worship warrior. It is out of this place of laid-down love that the Father’s presence will flow in greater measure, leading us deeper into His glory and further into His joy.
- We understand that we can experience intimacy, communication, and companionship with God if we share His love for righteousness.
- We are totally dependent on Him for everything, and we need and expect miracles of all kinds to sustain us and to confirm the power of the Gospel in our ministry.
We look for revival among the broken, humble, and lowly and begin with ministry to the poor. God chooses the weak and despised things of the world to shame the proud, demonstrating His own strength and wisdom.
- We understand the value of suffering in the Christian life. Learning to love requires willingness to suffer for the sake of righteousness. Discipline and testing bring about our sanctification and produce in us the holiness without which we will not see God’s face and share His glory. Like Paul, we rejoice in our weaknesses, for when we are weak, then we are strong.
- We are confident that the joy of the Lord is our strength and far outweighs our suffering! In Jesus it becomes our motivation, reward, and spiritual weapon. In His Presence is fullness of joy, and, like Paul, we testify that in all our troubles, our joy knows no bounds (2 Cor. 7:4).
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- WE BELIEVE IN…
- The Bible, the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God. John 16:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:21; 1 Thessalonians 2:13
- One God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10, 11; Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:22; John 14:16
- The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ. John 1:1, 14; 20:28-29; Philippians 2:6-11; Isaiah 9:6; Colossians 2:9
- His virgin birth. Matthew 1:18; Luke 1:34-35; Isaiah 7:14
- His sinless life. 2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 4:15; 7:26-27; 1 John 3:5; 1 Peter 2:22
- His miracles. Matthew 4:23; Luke 6:17-19; John 3:2
- His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood. Colossians 1:14, 20; Romans 5:8- 9; Ephesians 1:7
- His bodily resurrection. 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Luke 24:4-7; 36-48; Revelation 1:17-18
- His ascension to the right hand of the Father. Acts 2:33, 5:30-31; 1 Peter 3:22 and in His personal return in power and in glory. Acts 1:11; Philippians 2:9-11; 1 Thessalonians 1:10;4:13-18; John 14:1-3
- Justification by faith through the atonement of Jesus Christ and regeneration of the HolySpirit, both of which are absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man. Romans 3:24-25; John 3:3-7; 1 John 5:11-13; Ephesians 2:1-16; Revelation 5:9; Acts 4:12; 1Corinthians 6:1
- The Church as the primary agency for the work of God’s Kingdom, functioning under the sovereignty of our Lord Jesus Christ. To the church have been entrusted the ordinances of Believer’s Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Acts 2:41-47; 16:4-5; Matthew 16:18; 28:18- 20; Ephesians 1:22-23; 1 Corinthians 12; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
- Fivefold and apostolic leadership. Jesus, at His ascension, gave five gifts to equip and build up the body: apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers (Eph. 4:7-8,11-13). Because New Testament churches were led by or covered by apostles, we believe God calls for, appoints and blesses apostolic covering over ministries and churches today.
- The present ministry of the Holy Spirit which includes: the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience distinct from regeneration; His indwelling, by which the Christian is enabled to live a godly life; His supernatural gifting and empowering of the Church for its work, life, and worship. Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-8; 2:1-4; 10:44-46; 1 Corinthians 12, 14
- The return of Jesus Christ to consummate His Kingdom and bring about the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:28-29; Mark 14:62; 2Thessalonians 1:2-10; Revelation 1:5-7; 20:4-5; 11-12
- The spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. John 17:11, 21-23; Romans 12:4-5;Ephesians 4:11-16
Learn more about CANOPI here
ministry school awards
Leadership Team About CANOPI
Chris & Tiffany Nesbitt Executive Directors
Born into ministry-minded families, Chris and Tiffany Nesbitt married in 1989 and began a lifelong commitment to servant leadership.
In 2015, the Nesbitts responded to a partnership request from the Hertzogs, which resulted in the two couples co-founding CRSSM.
Chris and Tiffany served as directors until the Hertzogs retirement in 2021, at which time they became executive directors and renamed the organization CANOPI.
In 2020, the Nesbitts founded NewSong, which has become a collective of U.S. based house churches.
For more information about CANOPI and the Nesbitts, visit their website.
Director of Outreach
A native of the beautiful land of Costa Rica, Pastor Eric Lopez has a passionate desire to see the Kingdom of Heaven come to earth in the hearts of his fellow Latinos. Having been raised in the capital city of San Jose, Eric experienced a childhood filled with substance abuse, emotional pain, and blatant occult activity. As a young man he left his homeland for the United States, where he spent almost twenty years traveling as a percussionist with a successful salsa band. During that time he began to realize his desperate need for the Lord, and while playing in LA, he experienced a supernatural encounter with Jesus.
After returning to Costa Rica, accepting Christ as his Savior, and being delivered from the darkness of his past, Eric spent two years of intense discipleship in his local church. It was then that Jesus spoke a calling over his life to serve His Church. Eric began a fruitful ministry as an itinerate teacher, connecting with churches all across Costa Rica. Upon meeting Steve and Judi Hertzog in 2015, Eric became convinced that CRSSM was the Lord’s divine direction for his life, and he immediately began working as an interpreter and liaison for the ministry’s outreach teams. He is a man of the Word and the Spirit, and he has a passion to Central American nations experience a great awakening.
Eric has been married to his lovely wife Marta for 32 years and is the proud father of Cindy and Emmanuel, both of whom are musicians serving in the churches which they attend. He currently resides in Santa Ana, a suburb of San Jose.
Director of Development
Amy Huerta is a native Californian who longs to see Jesus glorified through her pursuit of His Kingdom purposes. She has a passion to see the Latino community encounter the transforming love of God and has traveled missionally throughout central America for the sake of sharing the Gospel. Amy also has a heart to see families thrive. Having lived in Costa Rica for three years, she served in family ministries to the underprivileged, and it was during this time that she met Chris and Tiffany Nesbitt.
She now serves as executive assitant for the Nesbitts and as Director of Development for CANOPI, where she uses her practical and prophetic gifts to encourage and strengthen the Body internationally and in the U.S. Amy is singularly focused on listening to God’s heart for His people and going wherever He sends her.
Steve & Judi Hertzog
Steve and Judi Hertzog are a couple who are intimately familiar with the overcoming power of God in their lives, a testimony which they are more than eager to share with the nations.
Having both been raised in Southern California, they were individually exposed to all the Golden State had to offer, including the pain of divorce and the destructive nature of alcohol and drugs. They met in Mammoth Lakes in 1990 as recovering addicts attending Alcoholics Anonymous, and a year later were married. They are blessed with three beautiful daughters and ten incredible grandchildren.
Launching Mammoth Outdoor Sports (formerly Mammoth Sporting Goods) in 1978, Steve has enjoyed a successful career as a small business owner and entrepreneur. Upon their marriage, he and Judi co-managed the business until retirement in March of 2014.
It was during their first year of marriage that Judi met Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior, and her life was transformed. Steve, then a self-professed opponent of Christianity, embraced salvation at Judi’s baptism, and the couple began their lives’ greatest adventure. Attending Church on the Mountain in Mammoth, California for over twenty years, they grew deeply in the Lord and were honored to serve in many capacities of leadership. They have also been privileged to minister in Russia, China, South Africa, Zambia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Fiji, Mexico, Indonesia, and Central America, preaching, teaching, equipping, and training the nations.
Their heart for Costa Rica was ignited during their honeymoon in 1991, and a year later they had purchased their first property in Playa Zancudo, building a small beach home three years following. After the sale of that initial purchase, they went on to acquire a parcel of land in Pilon de Pavones and soon completed their current home. That property served as the original ministry campus for CRSSM.
Fueled by a passion to send radical lovers of Jesus across the globe, their call has been to spiritually mother and father the upcoming generation. With that fervency burning in their hearts, Steve and Judi founded CRSSM in 2015. After a successful launch partnering with the Nesbitts, The Hertzogs began transitioning out of their leadership roles in 2017, and formally retired in 2021.
– Anne Kilroy
– Sandie Doughty
– Marlene Zurbriggen
– Jamie McLeod, Director MLSSM